Monday, June 27, 2011

Relatively busy.

This week is busier than the last few weeks have been.
And, by busy I mean I have some things to do.
Besides making dinner and being the best! wife! ever!

Love www.annetaintor.com
On Wednesday I have my doctor's appointment.  Not sure how I feel about it.
Actually, I do.
I don't want to go.
I shouldn't be going.
I hate the thought of going back to that stupid clinic again.
And sitting in the stupid waiting room.
With the super-perky receptionist.
And pretending to look at magazines that are from 1997.

And then having to retell my story all-over-again.
I am crossing my fingers that Dave can get off of work.
I really don't know if I will be able to sit there with Dr. Grainger and tell him everything.
And not lose it.
I mean, I'm getting that cry-feeling in my throat just typing this.
It's not fair.
There- I said it.
Now I will stop whining.
Maybe.

On Wednesday night, one of my besties and her hubby and kiddos are coming to visit.
I am so excited.
They visited us several years ago, when they only had one kiddo.
We took them to all the happenin' places in town.
And saw all of the amazing sites.
Including this one:

Please enjoy the view on the rock.  I am sad I didn't have a bigger zoom lens. Yes, I am 10.
On Friday morning, Dave and I leave for Minnesota.
To see his family- including his sister and her family who are on furlough from a term in Bolivia.
I am thrilled to being seeing them since the last time we saw them was when we visited them in the summer of 2009.
And since we have seen them they have added 1.5 people to their family (that is a son, and a baby in utero).

Charagua, Bolivia.  About to take the 4  5 6 7 8 hour (only 45 more minutes, guys!) trip back to Santa Cruz.
I am trying to keep busy, as the inevitable July 11 date is quickly approaching.
I know Maggie probably would not have been born on July 11.
But, it is a symbolic date of her joining our family.
And, I am heartbroken that I now dread that date when a few months ago my heart did flutters whenever I thought of it.

And, although I need to keep busy, it is also hard when I think about being busy.
(I can't win!)
Because back in the spring, I knew that I wasn't going to be busy in July.
I wasn't going to be going to Minnesota because I wouldn't be able to travel.
And, as much as I love going to Minnesota and as much as I love being with Dave's family, I would much rather be at home.
Great with child.
About to meet my first daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you as July approaches. I'm already dreading Sept 3. I hope you have a good time with Dave's family, and that they will be aware of and sensitive to your pain.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...