Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Disclaimer.

**Disclaimer**

I am not pregnant.

I am just asking questions.
'Cause I'm not working and I have plenty of time to think now.
And I'd rather think than watch A Baby Story.  That show is pure evil.  It's not always a happy ending like that, folks.

So, I'm wondering--
what are your thoughts about not telling people you're pregnant until you're out of the 1st trimester?

I keep going back and forth in my mind about what I am going to do if there is a next time
(Of course, this is without Dave's input.  Of course, I would talk to him first but if things go like last time he wasn't super good at keeping Maggie a secret).

When I was pregnant with Maggie we waited to tell everyone until I was 13 weeks along.  Of course, we told close friends and family before then, but we tried to keep things hush-hush until we were out of the "danger zone" of the 1st trimester.

Well, that's a bunch of crap.
'Cause I waited.  Then told everybody.
Then I bought things and got gifts.
And thought of names.
And then she was gone.
And everyone knew.

I know most people wait because the 1st trimester is the time when the most miscarriages occur.  People wait so that they don't have to untell people and to make sure everything is okay.

But now I'm thinking that if I ever do get the privilege of being pregnant again, I am going to want the support of anyone I can get, from day one.  Even if I were to have a miscarriage or another stillbirth, I would want people to know so that I can get support.  There is no way I could have gone through this without the prayers and kindness of my peeps.

I get the whole not telling people until you're "safe," but if there's one thing I've learned since March, it's that there is no safe time when you're pregnant.

And, I'm pretty sure that people are going to be all up in my biz-nass asking, "How are things going?" which is code for, "Are you pregnant?  Are you trying? Are you going to the doctor again?"

So, what have other people done?  What do you suggest?
Would you guys think I was a huge-lame-loser when I told you that I was 5 weeks pregnant or something?

*****************************************
And, one more thing.

I found myself thinking of fetus nicknames the other day (I know...too...much...time....to....think).

And then as I was thinking about them I automatically thought about what real name I could make out of that nickname just in case we need a real name like we did for Magic. 
And that killed me.  And scared me. That I automatically thought of death when I thought of having another chid.

I feel totally lame.

And, just to make myself feel better.  Feet that aren't nasty.
[Source]
These feet are so nom-able. (They are not Maggie's).

1 comment:

  1. We'll be telling people right away. I know that I will want people praying from the get-go. Praying for a healthy pregnancy, praying for my fears to be calmed. And you're right - everyone is wondering anyway. That's why I decided to be honest in my recent post and share that we are TTC again. And that I'm scared. And that I want people to be praying for us.

    Praying for you. (hugs).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...