Tuesday, June 7, 2011

National Geographic, please call.

First off, I want to give a shout out to the best thing that's happened to me in awhile.

Air conditioning.  You are amazing.

Sweet goodness.  It feels incredible in this house.

Last night I had a rough night of sleep and woke up at 5:15.  Sweating.

So, I got up (there was no way I was going to fall back asleep).

And checked several things off my list before my training even started.

Delicious iced-coffee from McDonald's?  Check.

Water Maggie's grave? Check (and saw the cutest baby turtle crossing the road while driving there).

And, guess who was out there?

Guardhawk. She's definitely a morning person.

And I'm pretty sure she has little baby hawks now.  At least, they looked like baby hawks. Maybe that's why Guardhawk is all protective and vocal. She's been protecting her little guys.

Then, I watered Maggie's plants (avoided all 3 piles of horse crap on my way there).

First time to visit Mags in the morning...plants are flourishing out there.  
And Guardhawk would not leave me alone.

So, I tried, like a crazy woman, to get a better picture of her.

She was screeching and circling like a crazy lady too.  I'm pretty sure she was not pumped that I messed up their morning routine.

So, I got my phone out and held it up to the sky. And kept circling it around and around trying to get a shot.    It maybe wasn't my best idea ever and I'm sure I looked like a giant idiot- standing in the middle of a pasture, cell phone held high into the sky, trying to get some money shots of Guardhawk.

It kind of worked.

The pictures are...meh.

But, better than nothing.

Wait for it...

Wait for it.

I stil don't understand why National Geographic has not contacted me yet.  This is Double Page Spread material right here. The clarity is ridiculously good.  You can totally tell it's a bird.  Or a mustache.



Glad that Maggie is still being watched over since I can't be out there as much as I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...