I am hopeful that sometime I will be able to wish you a real Happy Father's Day instead of a lame one like I did today. It didn't feel super happy to me today.
Like, it'd be fun to have a Father's Day where our daughter hasn't just died and I don't have to fake-sign her name on your card.
You will be a great dad. Because you are a great husband.
Why will you be a great dad?
0. If we have kids, you have already told me that you will get up in the middle of the night every time the kid cries. I won't have to even wake up. I can just lay there and sleep peacefully. Remember when you told me that? You pinky swore that you'd do that for me.
1. You like to help kids.
|Here, you are "helping" my niece complete some level. And she is "helping" you by not spilling your brewsky.|
2. You make me laugh. Even when I am mad and don't want to laugh and just want to be mad. I laugh anyways. And, you make me laugh at inappropriate things. Such as my to-do list that you hijacked at some point. You think you're so funny. And, I do too.
|That will never happen. That will never get checked off my list.|
3. If necessary, you could deliver our child. You have offered, I have politely refused. But, you could.
|The poor lady doesn't even know what's comin'.|
And, you'd do it with a smile, if you had to.
4. Kids love you. And you could spend hours playing with them.
|Not quite sure what kind of castle you're building...|
5. You are patient with me. And with pretty much everyone.
|I don't have pictures of you being patient with me, your dear wife. Probably because I don't take pictures when I'm torked off and you're being super patient with me.|
6. You were a great daddy to Maggie.
I hope that, sometime soon, the little bundle you're staring at, is looking back at their amazingly wonderful daddy. And you can look down at it and make plans for a future together.
And, I can sit there and watch. With a full and happy heart.