Size of Babies: About 4 inches long and weigh about 2.5 oz each (the weight of a small hamster).
|Source here. This is like Herbie and Puckett. Just not so hairy. Or germy. Or unintelligent.|
Movement: Almost every night at 10:30-11:30 I feel something. Nothing huge yet, but I know what to feel for. There's definitely movement. And it is is fantastic.
Appointments: I had one this past Wednesday (Mag's due date). The breakdown:
- Waited freaking forever.
- I peed in a cup, as per usual.
- I got to see nurse Andi for the first time since that day.
- Did a mini/portable sonogram.
- I didn't see much for several reasons. 1) I didn't want to look at first. 2) I was laying down 3.) The screen was seriously the size of a phone's screen.
- What I did see was adorable and wonderful: two fluttering hearts and two little things that looked like actual babies. Score!
- I have an appointment with Dr. Eck in August, the week before school starts.
- The next day I have an appointment with a perinatologist to do the 20 week anatomy scan. I am a bit nervous about that, but glad that we are meeting with someone who can help us out if there are issues that need to be dealt with.
I had a bit of a lazy day on Wednesday after the appointment, as I was struggling with the dichotomy of having my ultrasound and being ecstatic about the results of that while, on the other hand, knowing that it was Maggie's due date.
As much as I am excited and thrilled about this pregnancy, I am ready for it to be over, if you know what I mean. Now now, but I am ready for December to be here. I am tired of worrying and thinking about the "what ifs" all the time. I am tired of being paranoid. I am tired of thinking about if everything I am eating and drinking and doing is somehow affecting Herbie and Puckett in a negative way. I have been trying to keep myself busy with school stuff, but as I approach the time when they are the same gestational age as Mags was when she died, I am getting more and more nervous. And I wish I could just relax and enjoy this more than I am.
And, then, I know I shouldn't complain. Because this is such a good thing.
And, the video below has nothing to do with anything.
I just watched it.
And I thought it was hilarious.
And every time I have watched it,
I end up sitting here with a huge goofy smile on my face.
Because the guy seems so nice
(and his laugh is hilarious)
and I think because it's so nice to hear people laugh.