Monday, July 4, 2011

Mini-Soda

We drove up to Minnesota on Friday morning.

We loaded up on the essentials and were on our way.

It felt awkward not to be drinking a soda on the way to Mini-soda.

I know, I know.  I shouldn't drink it.  But, I had to.  They were on sale at the gas station.
We drove up through Nebraska and stopped at Dave's all-time favorite.

Surprisingly, and thankfully, we left empty-handed.

Then we practically swerved to an exit when we saw heaven on the side of the road.


You guys.  I LOVE Jimmy John's.

#6.  A giant pickle.  And salt and vinegar chips.

Delicious.

I've never had anything but the #6 (the vegetarian).

(And there is one being built right down the road from our home!)

If you've never eaten there, you should.



Then, it happened.


Detours.


Summer roadwork.


29 North out of Omaha was closed due to flooding.

We drove in circles around the city (following the detour signs) for over an hour.

We drove past the same arena and hospital at least 3 times.

It was about this time that I was getting carsick from turning around so much.

(Whoever said that you should travel with people in a new place if you really want to get to know them was totally right).

We finally figured everything out and drove over an hour out of the way to reconnect with 29 North.


Sandbags all along 29 for the flooding.
After all of that, we had to stop for the big-guns.

And then we saw the beacon of light.

Such a great thing to see.

Dave was back in the Motherland.


11 hours later, we finally arrived at Dave's parents house.


We (as in D) gave the dog a haircut and bath.


20 seconds after the bath.

Stupid dog.
 Dirty, dirty dog.

We met our newish-super-cute-nephew, Jonathan.
If you look closely, there is a mosquito between his eyes. 



We ate yummy food.




We chatted.

And tried to keep the mosquitoes away.
They were ridiculous.
I'm pretty sure we all have West Nile now.

Good-bye eyebrows and arm hair.

Then we reunion-ized. 

And I met some of Dave's family whom I didn't know well.  
And they were super fun.
And made delicious food.
*****************************************
I'd be 39 weeks today.  

One week away from my due date.

7 days.

I need to stay busy.

Cause the tears are coming a bit too easily lately.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to see you and Dave on sunday. I am looking forward to the future reunions that we will call parties once we are in charge. I will be thinking about you this week and hope you can stay busy and it can be As good of a week as it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you this week.

    Say hi to Ramont. I think it's cool that you guys are related. Something cool about two people I have fond memories of from my past being connected. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...