Monday, July 18, 2011

Leftovers

This is just a pile of random crap that you may or may not care about.

  • My camera lens broke.  Well, the automatic setting broke for some reason.  And I had to manually focus everything.  Which is okay until you are on a boat and needing that auto focus.  So, it is getting fixed.  For a month.  I looked into getting a new lens.  But, fixing the lens is way cheaper than getting a new one (at least the one that I want).  It's like the same price as a rider-mower.  Yeah, I know.  So, the only pictures you'll get from me are from my phone.  Unless someone anonymously sends this to my home before then. (Email me for my home address).
Buy this for me here.

  • Updates on how I kept myself busy on my due date are coming. Possibly written by my sweet sissy.
  • I went boating with some friends last week.  Time. Of. My. Life.  Great food and great weather with even greater company.  Thank you to my dear friends. I have not laughed that hard in a long time.  And I am officially old.  I was sore after tubing and I have bruises and scabs everywhere. Pictures may be forthcoming (of the boating, not the scabs).
  • I had another doctor's appointment today.   Not the news I wanted.  At all.  Keeping it short and sweet, I will need to have another sweet surgery (a hysteroscopy-not to be confused with a hysterectomy--) in August when Dr. Grainger gets back to the office.  Crossing my fingers I can squeeze it in before I have to report back to work. The only thing I'm looking forward to is being put under. I kind of like that. A lot.
  • As far as how I am feeling- I feel mixed-up. On one hand, I feel proud of myself and I feel good that I am trying to move on and trying to think about the future and our future family.  However, whenever I feel like that I feel guilty. That I shouldn't be moving on.  I know, however, that it is not fair to myself or to Maggie or to D or to my future family that I stay hung up on Maggie's life and death forever. I don't want to be known as the "teacher whose baby died" or "the lady who had a stillborn baby" or whatever.  I don't want Maggie's death to define my life or who I am.  And, although I feel guilty for saying these things, I know that it is best for me and my family.  I could perseverate on all of this forever.  But it is not fair to me or to my family.  We deserve more than to think about this sadness and loss all the time. I have to think about the future.  Or I will go nuts.
  • I've already put a dent in the school supply aisles.  S-l-o-w-l-y preparing myself for the start of school.  Quickly realizing that I don't have much time left.
  • My mother made these delicious-rock-your-tastebuds muffins today. She is making a new batch tomorrow since we already ate all of them today.  
Recipe can be found at this website.
  • Thank you to all of you for the sweet, wonderful, heart-warming notes and gifts on Monday.  Like I said earlier, I will write more about the beautiful flowers and amazingly delicious treats later.  Verbal diarrhea (a.k.a. this post) is a lot less cognitively challenging. 
  • And, I'm about 11 hits away from 20,000!  Holy moly! That's humbling and amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the surgery. :(

    I feel mixed up too. The last few days have been rough.

    Those muffins are delicious!!! My mom made them a few months ago and I just told her yesterday I want them again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...