Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Heart Flips

So, you know when you have those moments when your heart flips a little, you tear up a bit, and you think, "Geez, I have good friends."  I had many of those moments today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you remember Cooper? Well, I went and visited him again today. He was  a bit cranky (I think he misses Maggie as much as I do). He had quite a bit of gas but boys think that type of thing is funny, right?  But, he was still adorable and cute and cuddly.  He is still also a huge gentleman.
In fact, he bought Maggie these:


Maggie would have loved them.  I know it.  And, if she didn't, I would. Tulips are my favorite flower.

Just when I'm angry and frustrated and indifferent, God shows me reasons to feel cared for and at peace and blessed.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Then, this was in the mail.

When I opened it up, a golden light streamed out, the heavens parted, and angels sang.
Sweet manna from heaven.
It was filled with foil wrapped pieces of heavenly goodness.  Lithuanian chocolate.  My muffin top just grew a little bit just staring at the box.

I haven't had Lithuanian chocolate in forever.  It is DE.LI.CIOUS. It should be one of the seven wonders of the world.  If you want to know how it tastes, email me and I'll eat one and then tell you how magical it is.

But, not only were there loads of bars and pieces of chocolate, but there were other wonderful things--
Cow napkins, Lithuania flag socks, angels, embroidered Easter egg--so cute.  I think I might frame those cows for a *fingers crossed* future baby.



But, the top-dawg of the whole box were these:
Seriously- they are about the size of a matchbox car.


They were handmade by my dear friend in Lithuania!  She made them before Maggie died and decided to pass them on anyways, even though Maggie will never be able to enjoy them the way she should.

They are seriously the cutest little shoes I've ever seen and perfectly made.

S.L.~ Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Aciu labai my dear friend.

Seriously? Isn't your heart flipping just a little bit after all of this?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Then, my mom delivered this from a friend in Indiana.  

 
I absolutely love it.  So simple and beautiful and thoughtful. A great reminder of my dear jjrrmgt friends.

The card said:
hummingbirds are the symbol for accomplishing that which seems impossible and will teach you how to find joyful living from your own life circumstances."

I'm hanging this up in our kitchen window.  To remind me to find joyful living from within my life.

And, really, all of these things today helped me find joy, even within my life's circumstances.

I'm just sorry that Maggie couldn't experience the joy along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...