Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dear You, Tell your story.

I'm a sucker cards and stationery.

I love Brian Andreas and his StoryPeople.

And Curly Girl Design. (That's where this one is from.)

And, I found another one today while I was in Hallmark.

The Kelly Rae Roberts Collection.

It doesn't have cards or stationery,
but it does have cute magnets and wall hangings.

And, I found a few that I thought said things so well.

I wish they would have had this one there.
I would have bought it.
www.kellyraeroberts.com
I would read it every morning.

And remind myself that
it's really going to be okay.

It would be there to remind me
on those mornings when
I don't feel like getting out of bed
or answering the phone.
And my heart is aching.
And I miss my daughter.
And I miss our family.
Or, what could have been our family.

I can read it when
I feel like I should be over all of this.
Like I shouldn't be so sad
or so sensitive.
And there's that voice in my head that says,
"Seriously, you should be over this.
Get over it.
Move on."
But I'm still sad
and missing her.
This could remind me that I will be okay.
For realsies.

I would read it when
I make phone calls to nurses
and prescriptions to take
and shots to jam in me at 3 am
and calendars to keep track of
and doctors to visit.

And then, 
when I realize I'm going to be okay,
I could say this:

www.kellyraeroberts.com

That's what I need sometimes.
A good swift, kiss in the arse.
A reminder to be strong and courageous.
A reminder that I will not be crushed
or destroyed
or alone.

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

I can will be tough
and courageous
and strong.
I am not alone.

However, I ended up buying a small one of these:
www.kellyraeroberts.com 


I bought it to remind me that my story, 
no matter how 
depressing
or annoying
or unhappy
or never-ending it seems to be.
Or how much I want it to be over, 
it is important.
And it matters.
And I need to tell it.

We need to tell our stories.

Tell your story.
It matters.
And it helps people.
It helps you.
It helps us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...