Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fortunately (and Unfortunately)

When I was a kid, I remember reading this book.

The basic premise is that this guy has bad things happen to him and then because of those things, good things happen, and then bad things, and so on.  

I kind of felt like this week was like that.
*************************************
Fortunately, I was able to get to the doctor today for an ultrasound and blood draws.

Unfortunately, I had to go in right during state assessments- so I had to leave school a bit early to get to the office on time. 

Fortunately, a dear friend (and parent) covers my class so I don't have to get a sub. All I have to get her is a case of Diet Pepsi for helping me out.  Score.

And fortunately,  my meds arrived, my ultrasound looked good, we're ready to go.  

And another fortunately,  my next appointment just happened to land right on Good Friday!  Whoop! No sub! No missing school! 


*************************************
Fortunately, Dave and I were able to get our taxes done on Wednesday.

Unfortunately, I spent the few minutes that I actually was home before the appointment scrounging around trying to find proof of Maggie (no birth or death certificate since she never lived or died outside the womb) and collecting medical bills that we paid out of pocket.

Fortunately, the amount we paid out of pocket did not equal the 7.5% of our income (or whatever it is) . It could be seen as a bad thing, but this is a "fortunately I have fantastic insurance" kind of thing.  If we would have had to pay that huge amount that the clinic wanted us to for Mag's CF screening and what-not, we would have definitely hit that mark.

Unfortunately, I brought up Maggie and asked if we could claim her for the year (I had heard from someone) even though I have no proof of her life (except a broken heart, a spare tire, and a closet full of adorable clothes that need to go on a freaking.cute.baby.freaking soon.  It was a bit awkward to bring up and explain to tax lady.  But, we decided that we should at least try and get something beneficial out of this situation.  And, of course, she had never dealt with this situation, so she had to chase the head-honcho down to ask her what we do in this situation.

Fortunately, we can!  We can write her off as a deduction for the year.  Win!

Unfortunately, I have to go to the hospital to request my records.  Which means I am going to have to go there before 5 tomorrow. Which means I will not be able to stay at work as long as I had hoped. I am the usual loser who stays at work way too late on a Friday night.

Fortunately, the tax ladies are wonderful and are meeting me on Saturday to make sure I have what I need to turn into the tax warlords in D.C.


**********************************
Fortunately, I crawled into bed early on Tuesday night.

Unfortunately, I watched the Duggar's Season Finale.  The family was sharing their story of their loss of their 20th (good grief) daughter.  I have mentioned how I don't need to have 20 children and there are many things about the family that I find weird, but I appreciated the fact that they shared their story and that they didn't omit it from their season.  I didn't know if I'd be able to watch it...

Fortunately, I did.  And, honestly, I think they did a pretty good job sharing the story and how they felt. 

If you want to watch, click on this link and it should take you to several videos that will show you the entire show (If the link doesn't work, go to youtube and search for 19 Kids & Counting Season Finale- several videos should come up). Below is the promo.

Did anyone else watch it? What did you think?



**********************************
Fortunately,  it's Friday tomorrow.

Unfortunately, Dave is on call.  I plan on seeing him next Thursday.

Fortunately, he has a job.  And I don't have to do it.  Right?


Finally-
Prayers needed for:
  • Heather- she miscarried her little Peanut of love at 7 weeks and her son's 1st birthday is approaching on April 3.
  • A family from my school community. A 19 year old was killed in a skiing accident and the funeral is tomorrow.  This devastating loss has rocked the community and affected many in my school.  Please keep Garrett Spencer's family in your prayers as they mourn the loss of their son, friend, brother, and student.
  • D's great aunt Bessie passed away this past Sunday after a recurrence of breast cancer.  She was an amazing lady who has, not surprisingly, wonderful children who are mourning the passing of their mom (and last living parent).  
Dude--heaven keeps filling up with really good people.  




2 comments:

  1. I liked this fortunately/unfortunately format. I should start breaking down my weeks in that sense. Maybe it would help me focus more on the good things than bad.

    I just blogged about my feelings on the Duggers' finale. Even though I have mixed views about them, I did think this was done very tastefully, and am glad they shared their story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i watched it last night. i cried, though not as upset as i was afraid i would be. i thought it was beautiful. they blessed me with the line "she may have never gotten to see my face, but Lord, you were the first thing she got to see". I am in awe of that statment, and wished I had thought about it 7 months ago!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...