Monday, September 26, 2011

Michigan


“She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind.”

~Toni Morrison

I spent the weekends with my girls.
My lady friends.
My besties.
And, they are still amaze-balls amazing.
And more.
In fact, there is no word in the English language that can describe how much
I love them
and love being with them
and how much I laugh when I am with them
and how much I value our time
and how much I value their friendship.
Some linguist needs to jump on that.

Anyways.  Back to the ladies.
We went up to Michigan for the weekend.
(If someone asked me to show them where we went on a map
I wouldn't be able to.
I really have no idea where we were.
And I don't really care.)



I'll try to not babble on and on about them and our time.
Because I'm pretty sure what we thought was cackle-your-brains-out-funny, is not that funny to anyone else.
So, I will try to keep this short and sweet.  

Lots of hugs and delicious food and drinks.  And comfy clothes.

We picked Jill up at the train station.  Please don't ask about the wig.  We thought it was funny at the time.

Unfortunately, Gretchen would not return these sweatpants to the 1980's. 

Jill challenged Gretchen to open a beer bottle using another bottle.
Gretchen does not turn down a challenge.
She may have bled and shook violently, but she finally got it.



Little Rachel did yoga.
I think this was after she ate some seaweed or something.

Youtube watching.
Seriously. the. grossest. video. I've. ever. seen.
I could barely watch it. It was disgusting.
And things like this usually don't gross me out.
But this was disgusting.
I'm warning you.
You'll want to turn away but you'll keep watching.







Beach time.






Last night together.


I haven't laughed for 3 days straight in a long time.
And, we realized that when you turn 30, 
going to bed at 3 am and getting up at 7 
isn't the best idea.
You body doesn't quite recover as quickly.


But, all that laughter and fantastic food and coffee?
That helps with the recovery for sure.


1 comment:

  1. looks like such a fun time. Next time you head this way, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...