Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of School

Today was my first day of school with kids.

It went well--really well.

I'm exhausted.

And my feet hurt.

But, it was a great. 

And, do you know what topped it off?

My sister.

She sent me flowers for the first day of school.
!!!!!!

She is the sweetest. Ever.

And I don't think she knows how much I love her and appreciate her and admire her.

Because, truthfully, I am not always the best texter or caller or emailer.
(I forget or get distracted by something at home--like a huge container of spaghetti sauce that I dropped all over the entire floor, cupboards, stove, and carpet. Shut the front door--that was not awesome in my day.  This was after I got home at 7 after speeding to WalMart to pick up some school supplies that kids didn't bring to school).

But, I hope you all know how lucky I am.
That she is so thoughtful.
And kind.
And strong.

And, as a perfect example of how crazy today was and how forgetful I was today--
I didn't get a picture of the flowers.
I left them at school.
Along with the flowers, I left my camera.
And, sitting amidst the flowers and my camera, is my entire pouch of make-up.
Sitting on my counter at school.
(I will need to bust a move to school and sneak in so that I can get my face on before the kids come.)

So, just so you know.

She's great.
And I'm lucky.
And you should be jealous.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...