Thursday, January 5, 2012

10 Things

1. Most recent thing pinned on pinterest

Ziti with Portobello Mushrooms, Carmelized Onions, and Goat Cheese
Delicious Recipe from here

If you didn't know, mushrooms are my first favorite food. 
Along with pickles (especially Jimmy John's pickles), noodles, bread, and sometimes ice cream.
Oh, and delicious beverages.
Can those count as favorite foods?

 2. Book I'm currently reading


Creepy? Yes. 
Amazing? Yes.
Only 27% more to read until I'm finished.

3. Last thing that made me laugh

In class (names have been changed to protect privacy).
Juan speaks and reads un poquito of English.

Boy: Hey, do you think that Juan got confused at our Christmas concert?
Me: Why would he have been confused?
Boy: In the chair section that said "Reserved for Seniors" do you think he thought it meant that it was only reserved for señors?
Rest of the class: Completely distracted and laughing.

How do 10 year olds come up with these things?

4. Most recent youtube video watched



I don't want to get on a religious or political soapbox here. That's not my deal.  However, "stillbirth creepiness" has been in the news a lot lately- this issue with Santorum as well as the issue with the Duggar's taking a picture of their daughter, Jubilee.  The idiot writer who wrote the article states, "From what I know of parents who have lost chidren, it's horrific. It's not something you want pictures of...it is distasteful."  Tell this to NILMDTS and the thousands, or perhaps millions, of people who have gathered comfort from these photos.

Dudes.  I've been there. I was there a year ago. I totally would have said that it was creepy and weird and gross and not okay that people were taking their dead babies home or taking picture of them.  

BUT.

Obviously, Mag-dawg has changed me. 

It is not gross or weird or terrifying.  And, even if you think it is- too bad. It's not your decision.

And despite what your political or religious beliefs, it is not up to the public to decide how someone grieves the loss of their child.   

5.  Last blog read


Mother of a student.
Amazing jewelry maker (I have 3 of her necklaces and bought my sister one for Christmas).
Beautiful photographer.
And she's freaking hilarious.
And so is her son.
He may or may not have been the boy student from above talking crazy stuff about señors.

Go there and buy some jewelry from her.
Then tell her I sent you so that I can get some sort of discount.
Or have a son as nice as her's.
Or something.

6.  Most listened to Pandora playlist

Mat Kearney.  



Goog him.

7.  Plans for dinner

Super Stuffed Tortillas out of the Simply in Season cookbook.

Delicious.
Black beans, peppers, corn, zucchini, tortillas.

However, I'm giving a side-eye to the Jimmy John's gift cards that are on our counter.
I could get me one of those delish pickles.

8. Husband's latest obsession

He is positive we need these.
So that he can watch TV while I'm reading or sleeping.
Since I have the bedtime of a 4 year old.
I'm pretty sure the guy in the picture is smiling because he is now dutch-ovening the crap out of her dreams.

9.  Most recently discovered blog


Don't know how she found me, but she's a reader.
And her blog is hilarious.
It's about her and her husband and her baby.
But she's not all up your face with her baby awesomeness.
She complains about it.
And she's funny.
And a fantastic writer.
And got the idea for this list of 10 random things from her.
Go check her out.
I hope I don't creep her out. 

10.  Last song heard

"I'm Sexy and I Know It" 
Sung by my husband.
When he walked into the house wearing new cowboy boots.
Oy vay.
My life has completely changed from when I was 16.
Sexy? 
Cowboy boots?
Not convinced.

Right now, I'm pretty sure I only like little pink ones.
Like these ones.


1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure that Motley Mama found you through me. We went to high school together and she's been reading my blog nomatterwhatgoesright.blogspot.com. Thanks for the top ten!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...