|Herbie was looking a bit down in the dumps. He was sad because Puckett had her feet smashed against his face for most of the appointment.|
|Puckett did not cooperate for a 3D picture, but we were happy with a profile view.|
How Far Along: 27 weeks on Wednesday
Size of Babies: Herbie (boy) was measuring 2 pounds, 2 ounces and Puckett (girl) was measuring 2 pounds exactly. Both had feet that were about 5 centimeters. They are right on track with all the normal singleton statistics.
|Baby Foot and tootsies. Squee!!!! This are adorable.|
Belly: Continuing to grow as it should be; starting to get in the way when tying shoes, scooting into the table; bending over, etc. It gets tired of hanging there after a day of work, but other than that, I love it. And I love seeing it move and twist. I will find out on Wednesday how I am measuring compared to a singleton--I am guessing 33-34 weeks if I am continuing on track like I have been.
Sleep: I actually can't complain at all about this. I have been sleeping pretty well minus the bathroom breaks and such. I am getting way more than I will, so I am enjoying my slumber.
Movement: They are both moving a lot lately and depending on their positions, their kicks and movements are almost uncomfortable (almost, but not....). They are still able to flip positions and such, so now both are bottom down (little stinkers) and finding ways to annoy each other.
Puckett, in fact, moved to a quite gymnast-like position- where she was folded in half and her legs and feet were up on top of her head.
- We are slowly getting the nursery ready. Although I still feel like it is early, I know that the average 36 week delivery mark for twins is only 9 weeks away. And when I think of it like that, I freak out just a little bit.
|Awesome cell phone pic. Our start to the nursery. The box in the corner is all of Maggie and Nugget's things. The cribs will go along the wall on the right.|
- We haven't bought a ton of stuff, but instead, I am collecting up Maggie's old clothes and going through bags that my sister had from her kids.
- If I didn't buy anything, Herbie would be buck-naked for the first few months of his life.
- I did wash some of the clothes and sorted them. The toughest part is I am not sure how much they will weigh so I am not quite sure which size clothes I will need. And, Maggie's due date was in July. So, a lot of clothes are from opposite seasons so I may have a garage sale. Or we may just try for another kid. And then end up like the Duggar's.
- And speaking of the Duggar's, their daughter Josie was born at about 2 pounds. I looked her up to see what my little ones look like.
|Source here. Josie weighed 1 pound, 6 ounces when she was born. And my little things are bigger than that!|