Saturday, December 8, 2012

Baby and such update


How Far Along: 36 weeks and 3 days.  Yes, that 3 days is important.

Size of Babies:  Not sure officially. At my 35 week appointment, boy was weighing in at approximately 5 pounds 8 ounces and girl was weighing 5 pounds 3 ounces. However, this is very approximate and this was a week and a half ago. I have faith that they have gained since then. I would love if they were both over 6 pounds when they are born.

Weight Gain: None ya.  But, I have gained weight.

Belly: It hasn't gotten any smaller.


Go ahead and laugh. Other people do.  And then they realize what they are doing and then feel badly.

Sleep: Same as usual.  Better than when they arrive.

Movement: They are still moving and still definitely trying to find their own little special space there.  However, I think that is impossible.  At 35 weeks, girl was laying diagonally across my belly, with her head under boy's tummy.  This explains why my belly is totally uneven at times.

Latest Doctor's Appointment:

1.  I had a doctor's appointment this past week (36 week appointment).  That was my goal- get to December 5 and I made it.  And, I even made it while teaching full-time.  Bam.

2.  I was about 1 cm dilated and a little effaced- not much of any action. Dr. E thought that there wouldn't be anything happening this week.
3. They passed their BPP tests (movement, tone, fluid, and breathing) and their NST again.
4. I also asked Dr. Eck if I could deliver them on 12-12-12.  I thought I might as well try.  It would be a great birthday because of the obvious reasons and because my nephew's birthday is on the 11th, my coworker's is on the 12th and my dad's is on the 13th.  Unfortunately, she just gave me a smirk that said, "Nice try."  She felt like the 12th was a little early if they are still comfy in there.  Which, I completely understand.  I know that the longer they are in there, the better.  But still.  12-12-12?
5.  We did decide on a date!  Prep for the Twins' first home game will be  Monday, December 17 at 5:30 am.  The game will start at 7:30 am. To say that I am thrilled and excited and terrified is an understatement.  We covet your prayers over the next week or two as we prepare for this--a day we have been waiting and praying for for many years.


3 comments:

  1. I just got butterflies and happiness all inside me reading such exciting news. This is just amazing and such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so, so excited for you! And I love that you finally included a bump shot! :) Continued thoughts & prayers for you this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such great news! I am so glad that you made it to 36 weeks with those babies. You are so close!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...