Dave grew up in Minnesota, adoring every team that hails from the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
By default, I am now a fan.
We are fans of the Twins and Vikings.
Even when we are let down again and again.
And even when the Twins are currently 21 and 33.
I have been schooled in Twins history.
The 1987 World Series.
The 1991 World Series.
|Kent "Herbie" Hrbek and Kirby Puckett- some greats of the Twins.|
I am honored,
beyond the moon,
and as pleased as punch
to introduce you to the newest set of Twins
whom Dave and I are the #1 fans of.
Meet Herbie and Puckett.
|Herbie and Puckett. Both healthy and and wiggly and measuring right on track with healthy heartbeats. There are no words. And not enough prayers of thanks being said.|
It's early to announce.
I maybe should wait longer.
But, I have a few reasons for telling now.
- School is out. My biggest fear was kids finding out and me having to tell them that I lost the baby. (I did that with Maggie's stillbirth. It isn't fun.) Now, if kids find out and something tragically happens, parents will be responsible to tell them, not me. I also knew that if adults found out, it was likely that kids would find out.
- It is hard to cover this up- for a variety of reasons.
- I am no longer fitting into clothes. This being my 3rd pregnancy, and this time with twins, it is getting impossible to hide this.
- I work in a small town (and live in a smallish place). People know each other, people talk, my biz-nass has gotten around to people whom I planned to tell privately or whom I never planned to tell (because I have no idea who they are).
- I can't drink certain delicious beverages (Coke, coffee, or otherwise) and I can't eat cold cuts or raw eggs or feta cheese. This is fine with me. But, a bit obvious to others that saw I wasn't enjoying coffee or Coke (especially at the end of a frantic school year).
- I could wait another 2 weeks until I am "out of the danger zone." But, we all know that it is a bunch of crap. I get that my chances of miscarrying are less once I am in the 2nd trimester. But, I am kind of over that. I'd rather have people know so that they can pray for the twins' health and support us. I'd rather be able to enjoy people's support of this pregnancy when there are joyful things happening, instead of just when bad things happen.
- We need your prayers and thoughts and good ju-ju or whatever. We realize are not out of the woods. We won't be until Herbie and Puckett are in our arms. And even then, it's not a sure thing. But, we are trying to enjoy this as we do not know if this will be our only pregnancy.
For peaceful hearts.
For less anxiety than what we have had in the last few weeks
(it's been a rocky start).
For calm thoughts.
for growing and healthy feti (what's the plural of fetus anyways?)
and a healthy place for them to stay for the next 6-7 months.
And, for a happy ending.
We want these twins to do better than those other Twins.
Disclaimer: To those whom this blog post brings nothing but sadness and tears and reminders of "what is not," I grieve with you. I debated and thought long and hard about how/when to post this in order to be sensitive to those who see pregnancy announcements and are heartbroken. Please know that I am aware that these announcements are crushing and devastating and my prayers continue for those who are dealing (or have dealt with) infertility or pregnancy loss. The journey and grief is never over. It just changes.