Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Q & A

First of all, thank you for the wonderful emails and texts and messages
of encouragement
and congratulations
and well-wishes.

Once again, I am reminded of how important it is to have a
group of good family and friends around us to support us.
You all have supported us through crappy and crappier times.
And we are glad to have your support through these happy and, hopefully, happier times.

I have gotten a few questions/comments/concerns that I wanted to clear up.  So, here is a Q & A.
And, just to make it more interesting, I have added some stuff that I've pinned lately.

Will the nicknames Herbie and Puckett stick?
At this point, we are not planning on naming our children Herbie and Puckett (although I'm sure many Minnesotans have named their kids after Twins players).  We have not discussed names that much but Herbie and Puckett are not on my Top 10 list.  Especially because Puckett rhymes too well with other words.
Especially when you're mad.

Have you been craving anything?

  • Sleep
  • Mangoes (Fresh, frozen, juice, popsicles)
  • DQ Soft Serve Twist Ice Cream Cones



If you have one black and one white baby (like Herbie and Puckett), you will have some explaining to do.
If that happens, that is the clinic's fault.  I believe that we will have our retirement and Herbie and Puckett's college fund taken care of then.

What is your due date?
Officially, it is January 2.  However, the Dr. has said that if I made it to the beginning of December, that would be great.  As long as they are healthy and living when they are delivered, I will be happy.

Draw eyebrows on a dog.  If you have a dog, please do this.  D tried to do it on Fergs.  She is too hairy.
When do you want a baby shower?
Um, after they're born.
Seriously.
I don't want to do that.
I have experienced, and too many people I know, have experienced loss.
I feel like, for me, having a baby shower beforehand is
1) Making assumptions and being presumptuous about things that I have no control over.
2) Setting me up for more pain if something were to happen.

I am fine not having a baby shower, ever.
But, if I were to have one, I would want one after they are born.
We have two boxes, a hose, and some paper towels, so we are already ready for their homecoming.
(I kid!)
**This does not mean that I judge you for having a baby shower before your baby is born.
I know this is the traditional way of doing things.
This is a preference for me personally.


Have you been feeling okay?
For the most part, yes. I have nothing to complain about.
Because all of the crappy feelings that come along with pregnancy and good signs for me.
In fact, I get nervous when I am not
nauseous
or headachy
or sore
or exhausted
or hormonal.  I'm never moody.
I take all of these things as good things
and signs that things are going the way they should.

I have figured out how to keep the nausea from flaring up,
such as making sure to eat lots of meals/snacks throughout the day,
to not skip meals,
and not to get too full of food or liquid.

I have only puked twice.
One time was because I drank too much water
and then gagged while I was brushing my teeth
and there was no stopping it.

The other time was at Chili's.
Yes, at a restaurant.
Long story short,
I hadn't eaten breakfast,
we went to church,
I was stuffing my face with chips and salsa and salad.
And all of a sudden it just came.
At the table.
I tried to catch it.
But, surprisingly, it is difficult to catch and contain vomit in your hand.
So, it just went all over
the table,
my salad,
my lap.
But, I was so sneaky that no one! saw! me!
I just couldn't make eye contact with the waiter when he cleared our dirty dishes.

Will you find out the genders?
Yes.  I've already asked. Dr said he wasn't quite sure- there was a 50% chance he could be wrong.

And, yes, I realize we will be busy if this all works out the way we hope.
And I'm okay with that.


3 comments:

  1. Love you. Love both those precious peanuts growing inside you. And love your blog. Thanks again for sharing so openly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy things are progressing well! Ugh, hearing you talk about those moments at the beginning of the u/s makes me sick to my stomach. After experiencing a loss, it's truly a terrifying moment. So glad it all turned out the way it did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so happy for you! Our boys were "Baby A" and "Baby B" for what seemed like too long, but Jonathan and "Baby B" seemed worse! :) Hope you are feeling great today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...